Are you looking for a solution to preserve the original condition and beauty of your timber? Dive into the realm of Timber Protection with the expertise of Timber Ireland.
Showing all 2 results
Osmo – Clear UV Protection 2.5Lt
Highly water and dirt resistant Clear UV Protection Oil 420…€104.55 Per Length(Inc.VAT)
Osmo – Tinted UV Protection 2.5Lt 431 LIGHT CEDAR
Very water and dirt resistant Reduces wood swelling and shrinkage Resists…€108.24 Per unit(Inc.VAT)
Dive into the world of Timber Protection with Timber Ireland. Whether you are restoring a vintage wooden piece, crafting a garden shed, or building a grand deck, our Timber Protection Oils promise both durability and charm.
Understanding Timber Protection
Timber, with its rich texture and timeless appeal, has been a favourite in the realms of construction and home decoration. However, like all things beautiful, it is vulnerable. Moisture, pests, and the relentless UV rays can affect its appearance and strength. But no need to worry, wood protection oils are there to save it! It is all about preserving that original look and ensuring your timber ages like fine wine.
The Magic of Timber Protection Oils
Among the myriad of protective solutions, timber protection oils shine the brightest. Think of them as the elixir that keeps timber young and vibrant. These oils, especially the renowned Osmo UV Protection Oil, coat the timber and form a barrier against environmental villains. The result? Timber that is less prone to cracking, warping, or rotting. Ideal for windows, doors, cladding, fencing and other vertically structured joinery.
Why Timber Protection Oils are a Game-Changer
- Natural Finish: These oils offer a natural, microporous finish. No more worries about the coating cracking, flaking, or peeling.
- Resilience: They are champions in resisting water and dirt. Plus, they regulate moisture, reducing the chances of wood swelling or shrinking.
- Preserving Natural Beauty: The sun can be harsh and cause the wood’s natural colour to fade over time. But with UV-Protection-Oil, timber retains its original charm, resisting the greying process. In fact, it provides a UV protection factor that makes wood 12 times more resistant to greying than untreated wood.
Spotlight on Osmo UV-Protection-Oils
- Water and Dirt’s Nemesis: These oils are designed to repel both, ensuring your timber remains intact.
- Special Formula: The Clear UV Protection Oil 420 Extra comes loaded with active ingredients that guard against mildew, algae, and fungal attacks.
- Deep Penetration: It is not just a surface-level protector. It penetrates deeply, ensuring comprehensive protection.
- Easy Maintenance: No need to sand when you are topping up the coating. It is all about convenience.
- Delaying the Inevitable: While all wood greys over time, Osmo ensures that this is a slow, graceful process. It delays natural greying by 12 times compared to untreated wood.
How To Apply Osmo UV Protection Oil?
1. Preparation: Ensure the timber surface is clean, dry, and free from any dust, dirt, or grease. If the wood is new, it is ready to go. If it is an older piece or previously treated, consider lightly sanding the surface with fine-grit sandpaper to ensure optimal adherence. Wipe away any sanding residue with a clean cloth. Mask off any areas you do not want to treat with the oil using masking tape.
2. Stir Well: Before application, stir the Osmo UV Protection Oil thoroughly to ensure any settled ingredients are mixed in.
3. Application: Dip your brush or roller into the Osmo UV Protection Oil and ensure it is well-coated but not dripping. Apply the oil thinly and evenly along the wood grain. Make sure you cover all areas, paying special attention to end grains and joints. Allow the first coat to dry. Depending on the weather and wood type, this can take 12–24 hours. Ensure the surface remains dry during this time.
4. Second Coat: After the first coat has dried, apply a second thin coat of the Osmo UV Protection Oil, following the same method as before. Allow the second coat to dry thoroughly.
5. Clean Up: Clean your brushes or rollers with a suitable cleaner. Safely dispose of any used rags. Remember, oil-soaked rags can be a fire hazard, so ensure they are fully dried before disposal or store them submerged in water in a sealed container.
Who should use Timber Preservatives?
For homeowners who adorn their rooms with wooden structures or furniture, wood preservatives are an invaluable ally, ensuring that these wooden treasures continue to shine with robustness and radiance. Then there are the craftsmen and builders, the artisans who breathe life into wood, shaping them into masterpieces. For them, timber preservatives are the silent guardians that ensure their creations defy time and remain as majestic as the day they were made. And let’s not forget the garden lovers. Those charming wooden garden fixtures – the benches, sheds, and fences – they all yearn for that extra shield against the elements. That is precisely the role timber preservatives are born to play.
What is the best Outdoor Wood Protection?
The best outdoor wood protection depends on the specific needs and environment. Generally, oil-based finishes or coatings like teak oil or UV protection oils, such as Osmo UV Protection Oil, are highly recommended for their ability to protect wood from UV rays and weather elements. Additionally, marine or spar varnishes are ideal for harsh conditions due to their water and UV resistance. When choosing a protection method, always consider the type of wood, the local climate and the desired appearance.
What is the best Oil to protect Timber?
The best oil to protect timber often depends on the specific use and environment. However, teak oil, tung oil, and linseed oil are commonly recommended for their deep penetration and protective qualities. Among specialized products, Osmo UV Protection Oil stands out for its added UV resistance. Always decide based on the timber type and its intended use!
Contact Timber Ireland today about our range of Timber Protection Products!