Are you dreaming of a deck that endures? The heart of your solution lies in Timber Substructure!
Showing all 2 results
Microshades Joist 100x44x5100€26.15 Per Length(Inc.VAT)
Microshades Joist 150x44x5100€37.20 Per Length(Inc.VAT)
Every beautiful deck has a hidden pillar of strength: its Timber Substructure. This underlying structure not only anchors the deck firmly, but also influences its visual appeal and durability. Dive deeper into the world of Timber Substructure with us!
What is Timber Substructure?
Imagine the timber substructure as the silent guardian beneath your deck. It is the structural core that holds up the visible decking, ensuring a consistent, flat, and visually striking surface. Acting silently yet effectively, it offers stability, form, and enduring quality to your outdoor areas.
Why Timber Stands Out
- Tradition Meets Modernity: Timber has been the go-to choice for decking substructures for years. Its natural appeal, combined with modern treatment methods, makes it a reliable and attractive option.
- Cost-Effective: If you are working within a budget, timber offers an economical solution. Its upfront cost is generally lower than its steel or composite counterparts.
- Versatility in Design: One of timber’s standout features is its adaptability. Whether you are envisioning a simple square deck or a complex design with multiple levels and steps, timber can be easily customized on-site to bring your vision to life.
Key Considerations for Timber Substructures
- Weather: Timber, being a natural material, reacts to weather conditions. In areas prone to heavy rainfall, it is crucial to be aware that timber can absorb moisture. This can lead to potential challenges, such as warping or rotting. However, with the right treatment and design, these issues can be mitigated.
- Treatment: Opting for special treated timber can be a game-changer. Right treatments fortify the wood, making it more resistant to rot, decay, and those pesky insect infestations.
- Airflow: A well-designed timber substructure promotes good airflow underneath your deck. This not only helps in keeping the area dry but also plays a pivotal role in preventing rot and extending the life of your deck.
How to Build a Substructure?
- Mapping the Masterpiece: Begin by marking out your deck area. Using string and pegs can help you visualize the space and ensure accuracy.
- Groundwork: Prepare the ground by removing any sod and weeds. This ensures a clean slate for your substructure of timber.
- Layout: A level ground is crucial for stability. If your area slopes, create a gentle incline away from adjacent structures to aid in drainage.
- Protective Preparations: Lay down landscaping fabric, followed by a layer of pea shingle. This duo acts as a protective barrier, preventing weed growth and aiding in drainage.
- Construct with Care: As you build your timber subframe, ensure that the joists are parallel and evenly spaced. This meticulous approach guarantees stability and wards off potential issues in the future.
MicroShades® Timber Substructure
If you are looking for the rich wood tones of natural redwood and cedar without the hefty price tag, MicroShades® Treated Wood Products might be your answer. Enhanced with MicroPro® technology, MicroShades Decking offers the beauty of hardwood tones in treated softwood. Here is why it stands out:
- Aesthetic Appeal: MicroShades timber retains its rich colour for longer, and the hue deepens beautifully over time.
- Low Maintenance: With MicroShades, you can enjoy the beauty of wood without the constant upkeep. It requires little to no maintenance.
- Eco-Friendly: Sustainability is at the heart of MicroShades. It is not only Greenguard certified (VOC) for schools but also champions sustainable sourcing.
- Durability: Beyond its visual appeal, MicroShades offers added protection against threats like wood-boring beetles, termites, and fungal decay.
Why Timber from Timber Ireland?
Our timber is an excellent choice for deck substructures – with its natural charm and proven reliability, it remains a top choice for decking enthusiasts. By considering the local climate, choosing the right wood, and following a meticulous construction process, you can ensure a deck framing of timber that stands the test of time.
Contact Timber Ireland today and ask about our expertise in Timber Substructures!