Showing the single result
Massaranduba, Smooth/Smooth 21x145x3660mm
PRODUCT DETAILS SIZE: 21X145MM. PROFILE: SM/SM INSTALLATION: VERTICAL OR HORIZONTAL.…€42.77 Per Length(Inc.VAT)
Massaranduba Decking from Timber Ireland is an excellent choice for outdoor decking and patios. It has many advantages, including longevity and strong performance, and can be used in many environments. It is a highly resilient material, which means it can withstand extreme weather conditions. Discover the various benefits and features of the Massaranduba hardwood from our Timber Decking collection!
What is Massaranduba?
Massaranduba – also known as Brazilian Redwood – is a high-density hardwood species found in the tropical rainforests of South America. It is an exceptionally durable wood, which makes it ideal for outdoor decking, patios, and balconies. The warm, deep reddish brown tones of the Massaranduba wood make it a striking addition to any space, suited for large commercial projects and garden renovations alike.
Benefits of Massaranduba Decking
The benefits of Massaranduba Decking from Timber Ireland are numerous. Here is an overview of why this tropical hardwood may be the best choice for you:
- Density: The wood has an exceptional strength-to-weight ratio, which results in greater stability and durability than other types of timber
- Stunning appearance: a beautiful velvet-red colour
- Naturally resistant to rot, mould, decay, fungi, and insect damage
- Minimal maintenance: The wood requires minimal maintenance and can easily be stained or painted to fit any design aesthetic
- Incredible durability: With proper treatment (such as oiling), the wood can last for up to 25 years
Wood properties Massaranduba
Tropical hardwoods such as Massaranduba are exceptional in many ways. Here are some of the properties of this naturally insect-resistant Decking:
- The wood has a sustainability class of 1
- The strength of the wood makes it even stronger than Ipe decking
- Over time, the wood fades to a light grey (which can be countered with oiling and staining)
- As one of the hardest woods, it can be prone to cracking – so make sure to pre-drill!
- Volumetric mass between 950 and 1600 kg per m3
We recommend choosing our standard 21 mm Massaranduba decking boards for your balcony or roof terrace. For a wooden terrace in the garden or at the house, we recommend choosing a minimum thickness of 21 mm and we can also offer up to 28mm in thickness for commercial use with anti-slip inserts. Finally, we also have special thicknesses for bridges and stairs, such as 38 and 45 mm.
Massaranduba Decking pricing
In comparison to some other hardwoods and Composite Decking materials, the Brazilian Redwood is a cost-effective solution when choosing your decking boards. If you are looking for the smoothness of a composite deck with the excellent resistance, highest quality, and hardness of rain forest-grown hardwood, then a Massaranduba deck is the answer!
To ensure the long lifespan of the tropical hardwood, we recommend applying a Timber Protection oil to ensure protection from UV radiation as well as to maintain the natural deep hues of the wood. Overall, the hardness of Massaranduba ensures that the decking is very low-maintenance and does not need replacing or periodic staining to maintain its integrity. If you are looking for another low-maintenance timber option, we also recommend Cedar Decking for its various resistance properties and Microshades Decking for a long-lasting colour. However, the hardness and strength of the Brazilian Redwood are unmatched in the rest of our timber collection.
Massaranduba from Timber Ireland
Our Massaranduba decking offers protection against moisture damage and discolouration, making it ideal for outdoors. With its natural resistance to moisture and decay, it is the perfect material for creating beautiful outdoor spaces that will last for years to come. Do you have any questions for us? Contact Us directly or visit our depot in Dublin!